Protecting Your Textbooks and Other Property
Money can be tight when you're a student; you don't always have a lot of spare cash to replace lost or stolen textbooks, mobile phones, or laptops. Follow the tips below to keep track of your essential items.
- Create a personal code to mark your valuable items with. For example, John Smith DOB 23/3/90 is JS230390NSW.
- Mark your property with a good permanent marker or by engraving them.
- Keep a photograph of valuable items, and record model and serial numbers.
- If you have to leave your bag, take your valuables with you.
- Lost textbooks are often handed in at Security, making identification important.
UOW Security Services manage lost property on campus; find out more about Found and Lost Property »
In an emergency
UOW Campus: Dial #1 from any campus security phone
Police, Fire, Ambulance: Call 000 from any phone
Report a crime: Call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444
My Campus Security
Security details and contact phone numbers are different for each campus, so its important to find the right information for you.