UOW Security operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week throughout the year, to protect people and property. It does this by patrolling campus grounds on foot, bike, and vehicle. UOW Security responds to security and intrusion alarms, fire alarms and provides assistance when requested.
- Safety escort service after dark.
- Handling found and lost property inquiries.
- Patrolling campus for safety and protection of people and assets.
- Providing first aid assistance.
- Accepting reports from members of the community about thefts and other incidents.
- Responding to reports about suspicious persons, activity or conduct.
- Supervising traffic and parking operations.
- Responding to emergencies.
Security telephones are located around the Wollongong campus, and offer a way of getting help fast. At night, they are highlighted by an illuminated blue light.
Security Phone Numbers
Dial 1 - Emergencies Only
Dial 2 - Emergency Services ‘000’ Police/Fire/Ambulance
Dial 3 - University Security – Safety escorts, assistance or inquiries
Dial 4 - Wollongong Taxi Service
Dial 6 - NRMA Road Service
Dial 8 - Police Assistance Line (PAL) 131 444
Dial 9 - Parking Attendant 7.30am – 4.00pm
My Campus Security - Education Centres and Other Campuses
General Security and Emergency contact details are different to those for the main UOW campus. See below for links to information specific to each campus.
In an emergency
UOW Campus: Dial #1 from any campus security phone
Police, Fire, Ambulance: Call 000 from any phone
Report a crime: Call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444
My Campus Security
Security details and contact phone numbers are different for each campus, so its important to find the right information for you.