Finding Accommodation

Finding Secure Accommodation

If you need to move house to study at UOW, one of the most important things you’ll need to do is find somewhere to live.

There are a range of accommodation options in and around Wollongong, including some run by UOW Accommodation Services. Find out more about Living@UOW >>

Private rental and shared accommodation is a popular option for many UOW students; the sites linked below may help. Search for results in the Wollongong or Illawarra area.

If you’re looking for short term accommodation, you might find the Wollongong City site Accommodation Guide useful.

Local Illawarra newspapers also carry classified ads for rental and shared properties. Try the Illawarra Mercury, the Advertiser, or the Lake Times for the region south of Wollongong. You could also try UniClassifieds, administered by UniCentre.

Do your homework

Before entering into any private rental agreement, make sure you get a good look through the property. Never hand over any money or sign a lease before you get to see inside.

Most rental agreements run for at least 6 months, so make sure you’re happy with the place before you sign. If you have a car, check for parking. If you’ll be using public transport, check local bus routes, and distance from the train line. For links to public transport around Wollongong, and tips for getting around safely, see our Public Transport page.

Get help if you need it

UOW Accommodation Services will be offering a Housing Service for Session 1 2010, to help you find private or rental accommodation. Services available include:

  • Free housing assistance seminars, held weekly starting Thursday 14 January. Bookings are essential, so contact the Housing Officer to register.
  • The chance to meet with the Housing Officer to go over any questions or trouble you're having finding accommodation.
  • Up to date rental listings.
Last reviewed: 30 July, 2013

Download Security's Mobile App Now:


Be Safe

On Campus Commuting Out & About At Home

In an emergency

UOW Campus: Dial #1 from any campus security phone

Police, Fire, Ambulance: Call 000 from any phone

Report a crime: Call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444

My Campus Security

Security details and contact phone numbers are different for each campus, so its important to find the right information for you.