Vehicle and Car Park Safety
You should treat campus car parks in the same way you would treat any other car park. While UOW Security Officers and parking attendants regularly patrol campus car parks, there are a few things you can do to help your car being broken into or stolen:
- Lock your car.
- Take valuables with you.
- If you have to leave valuables, lock them in the boot or cover them up.
When coming back to your car:
- Have your keys in your hand ready. Some people like to carry them between their fingers so they could be used to fight off an attack if required.
- Before getting in, check the back seats to make sure that no one is hidden inside.
- Carry your bag in a way that prevents bag snatchers from getting your bag, and that won't cause you injury if you are attacked.
- If you're concerned, contact Security to request a Safety Escort.
In an emergency
UOW Campus: Dial #1 from any campus security phone
Police, Fire, Ambulance: Call 000 from any phone
Report a crime: Call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444
My Campus Security
Security details and contact phone numbers are different for each campus, so its important to find the right information for you.